Cookie use policy and similar technologies
This policy refers to cookies and similar technologies used, as the case may be, in the websites and applications operated by MGDS IMPEX SRL with its registered office in Bucharest, str. Ulmetului no. 18, sector 4.
Cookies are used for the following purposes:
• operation of the site,
• analyzing the behavior of the site visitors,
• for advertising.
This policy is in addition to the MGDS IMPEX SRL policy regarding the protection of personal data in general, which you can find here, and the Terms and Conditions of the site that you can find here, which we encourage you to read, including additional useful information, all the purposes of data processing by MGDS IMPEX SRL, your rights, as well as their exceptions and limitations.
Proper protection of personal data is an important objective for MGDS IMPEX SRL. Our desire is to be as clear and transparent as possible about the approach in this matter. For any questions, please contact us at office [at] mgds.ro.
1. What are cookies?
The cookie is a small file, made up of letters and numbers, which will be stored on the computer, mobile terminal or other equipment of a user accessing the Internet. The cookie is installed by the request issued by the user's terminal to a MGDS IMPEX SRL server or to a third party server.
2. What are cookies used for?
These files make it possible mainly to recognize the user's terminal and to present the content in a relevant way, adapted to the user's preferences. Cookies provide users with a pleasant browsing experience and support MGDS IMPEX SRL's efforts to provide more tailored services to users, such as: online privacy preferences, shopping cart or relevant advertising. They are also used in the preparation of aggregated anonymous statistics that help us understand how a user benefits from our web pages, allowing us to improve their structure and content, without allowing the user's personal identification.
3. What cookies do we use?
We use two types of cookies: per session and fixed. Cookies per session are temporary files that remain in the user's terminal until the session is terminated or the application is closed. The fixed cookies remain on the user's terminal for a period determined by the cookie parameters or until they are manually deleted by the user.
4. How are cookies used by this site?
A visit to this site may place the following types of cookies:
• cookies strictly necessary for the functioning of the site,
• analysis cookies,
• advertising cookies.
Cookies and / or similar technologies strictly necessary are essential for the smooth functioning of the site, being set on your device when accessing the site or following the actions performed on the site, as the case may be. You can set your browser to block cookies, but in this case certain sections of the site will not work properly.
5. Do cookies or similar technologies contain personal data?
What are similar technologies? There are other technologies that can be used for the same purposes as cookies. We use similar technology Local Storage.
6. Block cookies
If you wish to block cookies, some features of the site will be stopped, and this may cause certain malfunctions or errors in the use of our site. For example, blocking cookies may prevent you from logging into your account.
If you agree to these limitations and wish to block cookies, follow the instructions specific to your Internet browser, by changing the settings.
7. Managing preferences regarding the placement of cookies
8. Why are cookies and / or similar technologies important for the Internet?
Cookies and / or similar technologies are a central point of the efficient functioning of the Internet, helping to generate a user-friendly browsing experience adapted to the preferences and interests of each user. Refusing or disabling cookies may make some sites or parts of the websites impossible to use.
Disabling cookies does not mean that you will no longer receive online advertising, in compliance with the law, but that it will no longer be able to take into account your preferences and interests, highlighted by your browsing behavior.
Examples of important uses of cookies (which do not require user authentication through an account):
• Content and services tailored to user preferences - product and service categories,
• Offers tailored to the interests of the users,
• Password retention,
• Retaining child protection filters on Internet content (family mode options, safe search functions),
• Limiting the frequency of ad serving - limiting the number of impressions of an ad for a particular user on a site,
• Providing relevant advertising to the user,
• Measuring, optimizing and adapting the analysis features - such as confirming a certain level of traffic on a website, what type of content is viewed and how a user reaches a website (eg through search engines, directly, from other websites etc.). The websites carry out these analyzes regarding their use to improve their services for the benefit of the users.
9. Security and privacy issues
In general, browsers have integrated privacy settings that provide different levels of cookie acceptance, validity period and automatic deletion after the user has visited a particular site.
Other security aspects related to cookies:
• If you are the only person using your computer, you can set long deadlines for storing your browsing history and personal access data if you wish.
• If you share access to your computer, you may consider setting your browser to delete individual browsing data each time you close your browser. This is a way to access websites that place cookies and delete any visit information when you close your browsing session.
10. Useful links and additional information
If you would like to find out more about cookies and what they are used for, we recommend the following links: